- Based on its so-so handling and grip, the Apex lap time of 1’32.1 around the main course came as a surprise – besting both the Michelin and the Avon Xtreme 3.
- For its price, it’s hard to argue with the value Shinko offers with its Apex. Yeah, it’s heavy. Yeah, it doesn’t offer the refined handling manners of the other big name brands. But at the end of the day the Apex gets the job done.
- Shinko 010 Apex.
- The Korean-made Apex has the distinction of being the only sub-$300 tire in this contest.
- Profile-wise the Apex isn’t as sharp handling as the other brands, yet we wouldn’t classify it as terrible.
- Probably the single element that held it back from a more favorable result was how much flex the carcass transmits.