Team BTO Sports is asking for help from the moto community. Fresh off its appearance at A1 where team rider Davi Millsaps took eighth place in the first race of the 2016 Supercross season, the Team BTO Sports – KTM team transporter was broken into in the Murrieta, California, area near Temecula and thieves made away big a big cache of factory parts and team-specific items. In fact, Team BTO Sports is reporting over half of their inventory in the truck was stolen, with some of the major items listed below. There’s a $2500 cash reward up for information leading to the return of the stolen equipment. More so than that, though, nobody likes a thief and the moto community needs to look out for one another. Below is post about the incident.
Unfortunately last night the BTO Sports – KTM team transporter was broken into and over half of the team’s inventory was stolen. The burglary took place in the Murrieta, CA area, and the team is asking for the entire industry to come together via the Internet, social media and any avenue’s they may have to catch the thieves.
The thieves made away with approximately $200,000 in team inventory, ranging from factory parts for the team’s race equipment, down to team staff radio head sets and rider’s personal items. A number of these items stolen are extremely identifiable, and are one off race team items. Provided below is a list of the key item’s for every industry folk to be on the lookout for if possible:
– Factory KTM race parts – not available for purchase and stand out items
– Team wheel sets (black Excel A60 rims, Orange/Carbon Fiber wrapped Talon hubs)
– Team BTO graphics kits, specifically shroud kits (these are 2016 versions that carry the logo’s BTO, KTM, FMF, RTech and FX. They are the only printed version of this in existence)
– FMF TI exhaust, with Carbon Fiber canister tips and orange KTM graphic
– Talon rear sprockets, Orange team color
– RH2 Way radio headsets (8 full radios & headsets, color carbon fiber, brand new from A1)
– ODI oversized bars and white half waffle grips
There were many more parts and items stolen, however the above represent key items for all of our industry friends to be on the lookout for. Items such as the shroud graphics, are the Factory Effex brand and were one off digital prints for Anaheim 1, and can be easily identified.
Cash Reward $2500: There is a $2500 cash reward being offered for any key information leading to the return of the stolen team equipment.
Please help us come together as an industry and catch these thieves. If anyone has any information on the stolen items, or have any tips – please contact either the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department at 951-696-3000 or team BTO Sports directly at [email protected] .
Thank you – Team BTO Sports